Environmental, Social and Governance Policy
The role of corporates in society have increasingly become a focus of attention for investors, consumers and other stakeholders. Opportunities and risks associated with environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are often linked to strategic and operational issues that are critical to the long-term value creation of companies. This ranges from climate change impacts, to workplace diversity, executive compensation and board compositions.
Qube Research and Technologies Limited (“QRT”) believes that identifying ESG issues and incorporating them into its corporate strategy will allow the firm to manage the risks its operations have on investors, customers, employees and communities.
This Environmental, Social and Governance Policy (“ESG policy”) intends to establish a reference framework, which QRT can develop and strengthen socially responsible behaviour regardless of the way the business is carried out and the country it operates in.
ESG stands for Environmental Social and Governance and are the three key factors when measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of a corporate.
Issues considered include but are not limited to:
- Issues related to quality and functioning of natural environment and natural systems
- Climate Change
- Eco efficiency and resource efficiency
- Waste and pollution
- Resource depletion
- Issues related to rights, well-being and interests of people and communities
- Labour rights and labour conditions
- Health and safety
- Treatment of customers
- Supply chain management
- Issues related to governance of companies and other invested entities
- Anti-bribery and corruption measures
- Business ethics
- Transparency and accountability
- Board composition and independence
Vision and Commitment
Sustainable business relations are an integral part of the QRT’s success. We endeavour to live up to our responsibilities to the environment, social and stakeholders. This is achieved via a clearly defined ESG corporate strategy, where we strive to operate in adherence to our principles.
- Respect for the internationally proclaimed human rights principle
- Equal opportunities, independent of gender, race or religion
- Working conditions that meets the health and safety rules
- Good governance practice, in particular with relation to bribery and conflict of interest
- Environmental responsibility
- QRT complies with national and other applicable law.
- QRT acknowledges the UN Global Impact and United Nations Environment Program Financial Initiative (UNEPFI) and aim to develop corporate strategy in line with these initiatives.
- QRT manages the risks and business opportunities arising from the development of the environment in which QRT does business, assuming the impact it generates on society and the environment.
- QRT always conducts business with integrity and respects human rights. We promote safety and fair dealing, respect towards our clients and investors as well as anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices.
- QRT recognises the need to protect the natural environment and we endeavour to do our part to reduce waste, conserve energy and reduce carbon footprint.
- QRT aims to protect its people by adhering to health and safety rules for the employees, and supports diversity and inclusion.
- QRT gives back to the community by supporting various charities.
Governance, Monitoring and Control of this Policy
The ultimate responsibility for the approval of this policy lies with the Board, as advised by the Executive Management team. The development of the policy as well as strategic initiatives in line with the assessment of QRT’s ESG risk and opportunities is led by the QRT Board of Directors.
QRT regularly reports on its degree of progress in compliance with the ESG policy and strategy to the executive management and the Board.